Offer grain for sale for future delivery
Clear Grain Exchange Forward Market enables growers to secure a target price today for grain they will deliver
into an approved grain storage provider at a future date.
Once your grain is on offer, ALL BUYERS can see it and try to purchase it.
Your offer can find a matching bid automatically
During market open hours, if a buyer matches your forward offer, CGX will notify you via SMS and email;
- for multi-grade contracts you can simply accept of decline the buyers grade spreads within a 2 hour window;
- for fixed grade contracts the acceptance and contract generation will be automatic.
At time of delivery you are protected by secure settlement
When you deliver grain to your contract, CGX’s secure settlement process ensures you retain title of your grain until you are paid.
Once your physical grain is delivered into warehouse, all you need to do is perform a title transfer into CGX’s custodian account to commence the secure settlement process.
- CGX’s secure settlement process ensures you retain title of your grain until you have been paid.
- The settlement process is facilitated by an independent custodian (Perpetual Limited) so CGX never has ownership of the grain or funds.
- You will be paid within a maximum of 7 business days from date you transfer grain into the independent custodian account.